Electronic cutting machines are handy for DIY. They can help in carving images out of different materials. Cricut is a manufacturer of electronic cutting machines well-known for their precision and quality.
Another advantage of Cricut machines is their superior power and ease of usage. You may be a beginner or a pro; irrespective of your sheer brilliance, Cricut machines get the best out of your skills. But here we are explicitly talking about beginners.
With so many options even amongst the Cricut models, finding the right one is always challenging, mainly when it needs to fulfill your specific needs. Many beginners mainly err when they buy the latest model and are then clueless about its usage.
Many experts and DIY pros suggest that, as a beginner, it is always better to go with the old and most used electronic cutters. Then once you are accustomed to the machine, you can go for the tech-savvy one!
Beginners need not worry! We have listed the two most reliable and best Cricut machines for beginners. Please go through it and choose the one according to your requirement.
Why Only Cricut?
When you ask the existing customers of Cricut, then they surely will recommend the Cricut machine. Such is the quality of their machines! Customer feedbacks have mentioned that they are best in terms of quality. Another popular opinion regards Cricut machines are more user-friendly and best suitable for beginners!
Cricut has an extensive library of images and templates when compared to its competitors. They even have one of the best customer support services and thus are ideal if you are a beginner.
Cricut Explore Air 2
Our first recommendation is the Cricut Explore Air 2 because this machine is highly regarded for its value for money.
This popular and inexpensive machine is ideal for beginners. You can customize t-shirts and mugs too. This machine is handy for DIY projects and home décor. If you’re a DIY enthusiast and interested in home décor, then do visit Homebnc for a new DIY project and home décor ideas.
You can share your design projects from your devices (smartphones, laptops, and PCs) to Cricut Explore Air 2 machine. This function is very handy and convenient, according to many DIY enthusiasts. You can print and then subsequently cut full-color images with this machine.
The machine comes with an inbuilt premium German Carbide blade, guide, cardstock sample, and standard cutting mat.
Apart from its price, this machine (mainly software) is regarded every easy to learn. It is regarded as one of the quietest machines. Circuit Explore Air 2 is undoubtedly not the quickest electronic cutting machine but ideal for beginners.
Another advantage for beginners is that this Cricut machine has a good resale value. It is useful for DIY enthusiasts who would like to buy the latest model once they get accustomed to electronic cutting machines.
- Can be used to cut a large variety of material and comes with CutSmart technology:
- The machine can cut over 100 materials, which indeed is very useful for any DIY enthusiast. Cut Smart technology is used for ensuring precise cuts.
- Has embedded Bluetooth feature and wireless cutting:
- Embedded Bluetooth technology is a beneficial and exciting feature. This enables wireless cutting by using the Cricut Design App (available for both iOS and android).
- Presence of Smart Set Dial function:
- Many DIY enthusiasts have been fond of its Smart Set Dial function. It allows setting an appropriate pressure and depth for cutting.
- Free access to Cricut design software:
- Another thing DIY enthusiast is fascinated off is the free access to Cricut’s design software. You can also upload your designs to the machine.
- Value for Money.
- User-friendly software
- A large number of pictures and templates are available for DIY projects.
- Not a quick machine.
Note: – Many experts rate Explore Air 2 as the best Cricut machine for vinyl.
Cricut Maker :
The Cricut Maker is also very easy for beginners to learn, just as the Cricut Explore Air 2. It is one of the fastest and quietest electronic cutting machines. It is regarded as one of the best machines for fabrics and thick materials.
Though the Cricut Maker is much more expensive than Explore Air 2. But it also comes with additional perks such as more speed, extra quietness, and easy-to-use for thick materials.
- Cricut Maker comes with a suite of 12+ tools, which comes in handy for writing, engraving, cutting & other effects. This is an immediate standout for this device amongst the other Cricut machines.
- The Maker comes with a rotary blade which can perform both rolling and gliding function. This makes cutting a bit easier.
- It comes with a USB port and docking slot.
- It comes with hundreds of images, patterns, and templates.
- You can use Bluetooth and a wireless connection facility to connect with your devices (smartphones, laptops, and PCs).
- It can cut a wide range and variety of materials and comes with magnanimous power.
- Knife Blades must be ordered separately.
- It has a minimal and restricted cutting space, which hampers the functionality.